Donnerstag, 18. November 2010

Rapa Nui, Easter Island



Update November 03, 2010: I get up at 6:00 am to catch the flight to Easter Island. Say goodbye to Lambfish and let's go. But what for a bad start in the day. I couldn't find the way out of the hostel (was looked in). Every door was looked and no key...fuck..I missed the airport shuttle bus. Fortunately I could catch the next, after I found the Hostel owner sleeping in a room and opended with sleepy eyes my door to freedom. I was in a rush and hoped I can catch the flight at the right time. I got it. I was thinking nothing else can happen anymore. And then on the airport they told me that the flight has a delay. I like it. After almost 3 hrs of delay and a flight of more than 5 hrs I saw the island from the window of the plane. What a great feeling. Rapa Nui I am coming....




A traditionell music group only for me:-)

 
My hostel for the next week (with sea view)

Moai




Waiting for the amazing sunset


needs no words



Pukao (Topknot)



Rano Raraku, the place were they build the moais from volcanic stone (Size of 20 meter).
Tongariki
Nose bore


Another Moai (more than 800 Moais in total are on the island)
 
Crater Lake Rano Raraku
 

Aerchological research


Canoe carvings on the Moai's back
 
Wild horses, they are everywhere on the island

A strange 16th Moai



Armin, Dani (Germans) and me. We had rent a jeep for a day and cruised around the island (size of 64 square miles, very small island)

Palm tree's on Anakena Beach

Perfect for swimming

Ahu Nau Nau on Anakena Beach

View from my hostal


Lying in my Hammock and just enjoying Life

Slow down, take it easy....


Sunrise at 6:30 am on Tongariki. It was very mystical in front of the moai's:-)

Update November 10, 2010: After one week I had my flight back to Santiago, but I don't wanna leave. So I went to the Airline office and chanced my flight. I stay for another week. Lucky me.

View down to the big crater of Orongo


Stone village and ceremonial centre of the former polynesian people




Hiking around the crater until a sign stops me.

View down to Hanga Roa, the only village on the island

Mainstreet:-)


Every evening a sunset like this

Traditionel polynesian dance show - Matato'a



No I am not a Rapa Nui:-)

Paulina's nice house - Thank you for your hospitality. It was great!!!!


Also your banana's in your garden were awesome!!!

Paulina - Mi tia al la Isla. I only say: 3 Chinesen mit dem Kontrabass....


Cave

Bike tour to the Ovahe Beach (only 20km one way and crossed the whole island)

Ovahe beach

Everywhere the wild horses

My bike a cannondale

Dead animales on the road, it was not me who knocked it down with the bike

Very small entrance to the cave ana kakenga ("the cave of the two windows")




A farmer on Rapa Nui like in the old time

The place where they build the pukao. With the red volcanic rock they made the topknots.

How could you move a pukao like this without maschine and put it on top of the moai's? It's still a Mistery.

Horsebackriding with the crazy horse Ehu. We galloped on the highest peak of the island - Maunga Terevaka (507m)
On the top - I didn't know that horsebackriding is such a hard work


Celebration Day from Rapa Nui's shool





Update November 15, 2010: After almost 2 weeks and a great time in Rapa Nui I had to leave definitely. The Landscape, the beach, the weather, the people even the horse made it to an unforgettable trip for me. Rapa Nui I will come back!!!!

3 Kommentare:

  1. Heissi Stiefali häsch do montiart, Roman!!! Sehr schick! Bring mr doch sona Ross mithei. U wenns nit taugt, machamer a super BBQ, oder? Aber anschiendend häsch jo as neus Hobby, mol luaga, ob miar au noh mögtisch? ;-) Gnüssends no ganz fest!
    lg
    Nicki

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. uei lambfishs
    ma gseht eu gots immer no tiptop, während miar arma tüfla am chrüpla sin:-) bi üs isch dr winter iizoga, schu 2x uf dr pista gsi....suuuupa sach!!!!!!
    gseht leider schlecht us dass i no übera chumma, wird abiz eng mit da feria....müan jo au üssera bus endlich mol abiz usfahra nögscht johr. witerhin mutch fönn. bis denndann.
    P.S. roman, d marleen heti denn au no gära sona güggel, chasch na jo als handgepäck in flüger neh, jez wo selber eh nüt meh häsch. greeez

    AntwortenLöschen